Sunday 7 April 2013

We're half way there!

Goodbye March, Hello April and welcome to the next 6 months of my apprenticeship. I can't believe I'm half way through.

To mark the occasion, DiVA have come into the presence of Royalty.

Yes, the lead DiVA Arit Eminue was invited to a special reception held by the Queen and her hubby the Duke of Edingburgh. This invite only event was filled with top executives from the film industry. She was rubbing shoulders with the likes of Johnathan Ross, Julian Fellows (the Creator of Downtown Abbey), screen actors Idris Elba, Noel Clark, Helena Bonham Carter, Paddy Considine, Barbara Broccoli (Producer of the Bond Films) and George Lucas ( Director of Star Wars) and a whole host of other famous faces. So with six degrees of separation and all that, Queen Lizzie practically knows my name too : )



Since my last post, I've also been published in the Hackney Today; Check me out. I can now say I'm a Published writer. Click here to see article.


Moving on, it's my favourite part of my apprenticeship, the training. Next week I will be putting on my Film Director's cap and taking the reigns alongside my fellow apprentice Amanda Dorsett as we begin filming for our project.

I haven't had a chance to go into detail about my college side besides rant on about how much I love it.

Over the past few months my college mates and I were given a brief to re-brand the existing Lucozade brand. We've had to research our audience, pitch our ideas to panels at IPC media and digital marketing agency DARE, create an online presence (Tumblr & Twitter)  for our idea and now we have to film a 30s-60s advert to promote our brand.

The theme of our group is 'fun'; we decided to create a crazy dance called the Lucozade Limbo and are currently undergoing pre-production so that we are ready for filming next week. Keep an eye out for pictures of the day.

So, lots on the horizon. I have already done so much, met so many incredible people, learnt priceless knowledge and overcome many obstacles; I cannot wait to find out what the next 6 months bring me. I hope you all stick around to continue my journey with me.


Follow me on twitter - @SeleneShaw_Diva 

For the latest apprenticeships visit our website

No comments:

Post a Comment